Monday, November 14, 2011

Her Highness Katie Grace

Hi Everyone! Katie Grace here!




It’s been a little while since we last spoke
so I thought I would let you know what I’ve been up to.


As you might recall a few months ago I decided to summer in Maine.
I had never been to Maine but heard some nice things about the beaches,
beautiful hiking trails and fabulous shopping.

So I had to see for myself. Here I am driving shotgun to Maine.

It was a very busy summer!


First I met my two foster brothers Roosevelt & Coal

(that's me in the middle)

I wasn’t sure how I felt about them
but when we got to know each other we had lots of fun.
We took lots of walks together


I love to go for walks on hiking trails in the woods
because my two favorite things to do are
sniffing and chasing squirrels up into trees!

We had some fun walking on the beach too!
I love to run on the beach and wade in the cool water up to my belly.

My summer goal was to get in shape and lose a few pounds.
So I’ve been working out almost every day.

I jog sometimes




and I eat sensibly


and I get plenty of rest.



Shhhhhh, don’t tell my foster mom –
but sometimes when she’s not looking
my foster brothers and I jump on the bed.

Here we are trying to lure one of the house kitties
to come hang out with us. Shhhhhhh



In my free time I like to give back - so I volunteer for NEBCR.
I enjoy attending special events,
meeting new people, new dog friends
and mostly telling people about New England Border Collie Rescue.

Here I am at a special event called Woofstock in Old Orchard Beach Maine.
I was working the information booth and had a great day.


I also met lots and lots of new friends.
This little girl stopped to say hello and give me a hug.


I was so happy I had to sing!
She gave me a wonderful back scratch
(and a few treats, too shhhh).


My summer hasn't been all work though.
I've met lots of new dog friends too!
We hit it off in just a few minutes
and had a great day working & playing together.

Here I am with Denali taking a quick play break.
We had lots of fun that day!



Autumn has arrived in Maine and another fun event was MaineFest in October. My foster brothers and I met lots and lots of people and about 40 border collies at this event. We got to try WagIt Games, some great snacks, and we played all day. I was exhausted at the end of the day!




Can’t wait to go again next year!

As you can see I've been quite busy and having a great time in Maine.
So far Autumn looks to be shaping up the same way.

I heard it was hunting season in Maine
so on our trail walk I decided to roll in muck and hide my scent.

Here I am!


I tried to tell my foster mom it was the latest in doggie spa treatments but she didn’t go for it and I got a bath anyway. We also had snow early this year. I’m not sure how I feel about snow. IT WAS COLD on my toes. But after a few minutes I realized it was fun stuff!

I think I’m going to like Autumn and Winter in Maine
but what I’d really love is to find a home all of my very own
with a special friend or family to love me.

I hear the holidays are coming soon.
I wonder if Santa would grant that one wish for me.

I’ll have to ask him.


In the meantime, I'll just keep an eye out looking for my forever family.




Love,
Katie Grace

No comments: